St Mawes Sailing Club
No 1 The Quay, St Mawes, Truro, TR2 5DG
|Current Location: St Mawes SC > Facilities|
The Clubhouse, overlooking the harbour, has a bar, lounges, television,
wi-fi and shower facilities.
Sailors' Suppers are served on Thursday evenings throughout the sailing season and when there are evening talks.
Food Text messages 07807 949291
Food Emails email@example.com
Bar Opening Times - All year
Additionally the bar will be open 1200 - 1400 during these dates:
and at other times when there is a lot going on at the club.
Please check the monthly bulletin for dates and times.
Dinner will be available on selected evenings from 1800 - 2100 (last orders) and on Fridays or Saturdays or both throughout the year. Food will be provided for Sailors' Suppers after Thursday evening racing during the sailing season and when winter talks take place.
In addition, dinner will be available every evening during Falmouth Week (except St Mawes day - Friday). Members are asked to book food, by 1700 the day before dining, giving dates, times & numbers by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or text message to 07807 949291 or during bar open times only on 01326 270696.
The catering service is also available at other times for private or special functions after checking with the Committee as per house Bylaw 6, by arrangement with the franchisee.
Office Opening Times Tuesday to Friday, 10:00 - 12:00.
Times may vary on regatta days, bank holidays and during Falmouth Week.
Club Clothing and Regalia
Available by mail order is a range of clothing and regalia including polo shirts, rugby shirts, sweaters and body warmers in a variety of colours, ties and burgees. Samples are on display in the Clubhouse and on the web site. Order forms are available from the office or by download from the clothes page.
Smoking of any type is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
The Club's Licence is specifically for a "Members' Club" and as such it is restricted by law. The principles and bye-laws set out below shall therefore apply at all times.
1.The Club and the franchise are there to provide the facilities and appropriate service for members and not to offer competition to other local businesses or the Memorial Hall.
2. The Clubhouse is open to:
(a) members and their signed in guests
(b) Visitors who sign in as members of Clubs with Reciprocal membership arrangements, who shall be considered to be Members of the Club for the duration of their visit
(c) Visiting yachtsmen who sign in as Members of other Sailing Clubs
3. All non-Member guests are to be signed in by their Member hosts. Such guests shall not exceed six in number per host. Each non-member guest may only be signed in on a maximum of six occasions in any one calendar year.
4. Due to the restrictions of the Club’s Alcohol Licence, only members and visiting yachtsmen with membership of another club may purchase alcohol. Guests who are not signed in are not permitted to purchase any items of any nature at the bar.
5. Members may hold private parties including non-Member guests, as long as the number of signed in guests does not exceed six per attending Member. The Clubhouse is only to be used for parties hosted specifically by a Club Member or Members in their private capacity. Exceptions may be granted to this bye-law for Charitable purposes by the House Committee (see bye-law 6 below).
6. Any use of the Club by Members for private purposes must be approved by the House Committee before booking is made. Application should be made to the Rear Commodore (House) in the first instance, and in his / her absence to one of the Social Secretaries. Should all those be absent, application should be made to the Treasurer.
7. No private use of the Club shall inconvenience any other Club Member, nor shall it clash with any Club function.
8. At certain times, and always during racing, the Bridge Deck is a restricted area.
9. No food or drink may be brought in from outside when the bar is open or when they are otherwise available in the Club.
10. Alcoholic drinks may only be served to, and consumed by, those who are over eighteen. (Our licence requires us to operate a “Challenge 25 Policy”. This requires bar staff to ask for proof of age of anyone appearing to be under 21).
11. By law, no smoking of any type is permitted anywhere inside the premises. This includes the use of electronic cigarettes.
12. Members, their children and guests are expected to behave in a manner which does not disturb others using the Clubhouse. The bar staff are under instruction from the General Committee to refuse to serve anyone whom they consider is behaving inappropriately.
13. Those who are under the age of twelve may only use the Clubhouse when supervised by an adult.
14. Dogs are eto be kept on short leads under control of their keepers and must not be allowed to roam the bar area. They are to be kept away from areas where food is served and/or eaten.